- 11 Авг 2026
- 99
- 0
Гидропоника
White Widow
Профи
informer
This page gives you short, direct answers to the most common questions about cannabis in Georgia. No fluff, no filler. Just the facts.
If you need more detail, follow the links at the end of each section to the full articles.
No. Consumption is decriminalized, but sale, possession, cultivation, and transfer are all punishable offenses.
What does "decriminalized" mean?
It means personal consumption won't put you in prison. Everything else remains an administrative or criminal offense.
Will Georgia become Amsterdam?
No. Parliament has officially rejected legalization and the opening of coffee shops. Talk of "Caucasian Amsterdam" is a myth.
When did this happen?
In 2018, the Constitutional Court removed criminal punishment for personal consumption. In 2025, penalties for possession and cultivation were tightened.
Up to 5 grams of dried cannabis or up to 10 grams of marijuana is an administrative offense—500 GEL fine.
What happens if I have 6 grams?
Criminal offense. From 5 to 70 grams—up to 6 years imprisonment.
Can I smoke on the street?
No. That's a public place, and it carries a fine. In 2026, 45 people were fined for this.
Can I smoke at home?
Formally, yes. Consumption in private is not punishable.
Can I smoke on a balcony?
Grey zone. Technically not a public place, but if neighbors call the police, you'll have to deal with them.
Nowhere legally. There are no coffee shops, and sales are prohibited.
Are there coffee shops in Tbilisi?
No.
Are there coffee shops in Batumi?
No.
What happens if I sell?
5 to 10 years. With aggravating circumstances—up to 20 years or life.
What happens if I share with a friend?
That's transfer. Criminal offense, 3 to 8 years.
The law counts grams, not plants. Up to 266 grams of dried cannabis for personal use avoids prison. Above that—criminal penalties.
Are seeds legal?
Yes. Cannabis seeds are sold legally in grow shops. But planting them is a violation.
Where can I buy seeds in Georgia?
Grow shops: Gorilla Mafia, Seedbank, GrowGrow, IGROW, Stoners Bay. These are legal stores.
What happens if I grow?
Up to 266 grams for personal use—administrative or non-prison criminal penalty. Above that—up to 12 years depending on scale.
Nowhere legally. There are neighborhoods (Vera, Marjanishvili, Fabrika) where cannabis culture is visible, but that doesn't mean it's sold there.
Is Batumi more relaxed?
No. The same laws apply across the country. During tourist season, police are more active.
Fine, deportation, entry ban. For larger quantities—criminal charges.
Can I bring cannabis into Georgia?
No. Import is a criminal offense, 6 to 9 years.
Does an administrative offense affect a residence permit?
Yes. An administrative drug offense is grounds for refusing a residence permit.
No coffee shops. No legal purchase. Seeds are sold, but growing them is illegal. Up to 5 grams is a fine. Anything more is a criminal case.
If you're coming to Georgia for the weed, you're coming to the wrong place. If you live here and smoke at home, that's your business—just don't draw attention.
This information is for educational purposes only. Laws change—verify current regulations on matsne.gov.ge before traveling. Author does not encourage or condone illegal activity.
If you need more detail, follow the links at the end of each section to the full articles.
General Questions
Is weed legal in Georgia?No. Consumption is decriminalized, but sale, possession, cultivation, and transfer are all punishable offenses.
What does "decriminalized" mean?
It means personal consumption won't put you in prison. Everything else remains an administrative or criminal offense.
Will Georgia become Amsterdam?
No. Parliament has officially rejected legalization and the opening of coffee shops. Talk of "Caucasian Amsterdam" is a myth.
When did this happen?
In 2018, the Constitutional Court removed criminal punishment for personal consumption. In 2025, penalties for possession and cultivation were tightened.
Possession and Consumption
How much can I possess without prison?Up to 5 grams of dried cannabis or up to 10 grams of marijuana is an administrative offense—500 GEL fine.
What happens if I have 6 grams?
Criminal offense. From 5 to 70 grams—up to 6 years imprisonment.
Can I smoke on the street?
No. That's a public place, and it carries a fine. In 2026, 45 people were fined for this.
Can I smoke at home?
Formally, yes. Consumption in private is not punishable.
Can I smoke on a balcony?
Grey zone. Technically not a public place, but if neighbors call the police, you'll have to deal with them.
Buying and Selling
Where can I buy weed in Georgia?Nowhere legally. There are no coffee shops, and sales are prohibited.
Are there coffee shops in Tbilisi?
No.
Are there coffee shops in Batumi?
No.
What happens if I sell?
5 to 10 years. With aggravating circumstances—up to 20 years or life.
What happens if I share with a friend?
That's transfer. Criminal offense, 3 to 8 years.
Cultivation and Seeds
How many plants can I grow?The law counts grams, not plants. Up to 266 grams of dried cannabis for personal use avoids prison. Above that—criminal penalties.
Are seeds legal?
Yes. Cannabis seeds are sold legally in grow shops. But planting them is a violation.
Where can I buy seeds in Georgia?
Grow shops: Gorilla Mafia, Seedbank, GrowGrow, IGROW, Stoners Bay. These are legal stores.
What happens if I grow?
Up to 266 grams for personal use—administrative or non-prison criminal penalty. Above that—up to 12 years depending on scale.
Tbilisi and Batumi
Where can I find weed in Tbilisi?Nowhere legally. There are neighborhoods (Vera, Marjanishvili, Fabrika) where cannabis culture is visible, but that doesn't mean it's sold there.
Is Batumi more relaxed?
No. The same laws apply across the country. During tourist season, police are more active.
For Tourists
What do I risk as a tourist?Fine, deportation, entry ban. For larger quantities—criminal charges.
Can I bring cannabis into Georgia?
No. Import is a criminal offense, 6 to 9 years.
Does an administrative offense affect a residence permit?
Yes. An administrative drug offense is grounds for refusing a residence permit.
The Bottom Line
Smoking at home—allowed. Everything else—not.No coffee shops. No legal purchase. Seeds are sold, but growing them is illegal. Up to 5 grams is a fine. Anything more is a criminal case.
If you're coming to Georgia for the weed, you're coming to the wrong place. If you live here and smoke at home, that's your business—just don't draw attention.
This information is for educational purposes only. Laws change—verify current regulations on matsne.gov.ge before traveling. Author does not encourage or condone illegal activity.